From:
cynthia jennerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 09:44:51 -0700
Hello all,

In regards to homemade cages, I didn't see the specs that you talked
about, but I did build my own cage.  I went to Menards and got all the PVC
and 3-way corners that I needed.  I would not recommend using wood for any
part of the cage.  Our third ferret came with a homemade wooden cage and
whenever someone missed the litter box or spilled water the wood would
soak it up.  We had to get rid of that cage because of rotting food and
wood on the floor.  The floor of our cage is plexiglass and the sides are
wire.  Both are attached by those plastic, zip cable ties so there isn't
any glue or other caustic substances related to the cage.  Also, the PVC
and plexiglass are very easy to clean, dishwasher safe even (if the cage
would fit in the dishwasher:)

I've been nude, but never photoed.  However, I have been bitten many
times, sometimes even violently.  I guess I'd rather be photoed nude as
far as it not being as painful, but being bitten isn't quite as
embarassing :)

Love to all fuzzies!  And if any of you have websites with your ferrets
on them, could you send me the address?  I love looking at fert pics!

Cynthia