From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:16:37 -0700
With all the talk about the Utah Babies lately, I had privately written
to someone updating them on my three.  She said that many people are
curious about all the Utah Kids and that I should post my message for
everyone.  So here it is:

I was touched so deeply by what I saw when I went to Julie Fossa's to
help when she brought the Utah Ferrets back.  I had prepared myself for
the worst and was surprised and pleased that things were not as bad as I
had anticapated.  Yes, there were a some very, very sick ferrets and
several more needing surgeries.  But other than being very thin and frail
looking most of the other ferrets were alright....and they just seemed so
happy to be able to get out into the playpens and play.

I was very satisfied with having my Tyson, Hope and Einstein and had no
intention of taking in any more.  My time constraints just wouldn't allow
me to care for more ferrets in the mannner which I think they should be
cared for.  But like I said....I was so touched by what I saw and fell
in love with a group of three.  I did NOT take them home that day....but
that night I sat and wrote the Faces of the Innocent, and I knew those
three would be coming here.  You simply cannot write a piece like that
and not do what you are asking others to do.  So a week later, I went
back and brought home the three little ones-with no names.

I named them Precious Lily, Chaucer and Boomer.  Next month will be a
year, and they are still the sweetest, happiest little things in the
world.  They take utter joy in everything they do.  Ty and Ein I bought
as babies and this is the only lifestyle they have ever known-Hope was
brought in as a very young rescue, but she bonded to the two boys
instantly and to all of them...this is just home.  Nothing special....
just how things are and I really think they probably think that life is
like this for all ferrets.

But for the Utah Babies.....this is Heaven.  They are so happy to be here
and I swear, sometimes I can almost see grateful in their eyes!  I can't
imagine what they went though before....and I probably don't even want
to know, but you know what?  They are happy now.  I can tell they are
happy-it shows in everything they do.

I think the picture on the newspaper guys page shows my Chaucer and
Boomer.  Boomer is a Dew and Chaucer is a Cinnamon.  On the Faces
page...either the 3rd or 4th picture down is PL (Precious Lily) and
Chaucer.

So....I just wanted to let you know that I do have three of the Utah kids
and they are happy and thankfully, healthy and they have added so much
joy to my life.  I am truly blessed!

Judy Cooke
Tyson, Hope and Einstein
Precious Lily, Chaucer and Boomer