From:
FunFerrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 20:30:23 EDT
I took Baby to the park with me today and met an elderly gentleman, at least
I think he was anyway :-) He came up to me after watching us for a few
minutes and asked if Baby had eaten me yet (his exact words), of course I
told him no that Baby didn't bite at all.  He proceeded to tell me all about
the early days with ferrets and how they were used to kill people.  I tried
to interrupt him a few times but he insisted that the Egyptians ... no, it
was the Italians ... maybe the Indians.... Finally, he decided that it was
the Indians after all who used them to kill people.  All the while Baby is
digging in the dirt, rolling on to his back and generally stretching his fat
butt out to catch all the sunny rays he could get.  He was being an absolute
lovable doll ;-) Again I tried to interrupt and tell him about my guys but
he just kept rambling on.  He ended the conversation by telling me that when
baby ferrets are born they are given a shot to get all the poison out of
their blood so they're not killers anymore.  I knew by then that no matter
what I said it wasn't going to help this man understand ferrets so with a
straight face I told him I would have to call my vet about that poisin blood
killing shot.

I've had my guys down to the park almost everyday for the last 2 weeks and
someone almost always has something, usually quite wrong, to say about
ferrets but today was the weirdest yet.

Deanna and the sun bathing crew