From:
Kaye J FitzGerald-Gorham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 22:47:26 +0100
Armand III said:
>Hi, I must say that finding a Ferret in CA is not an easy task.  I live in
>the Bay Area, I have a big home where my ferret will have a cage as big as
>a bedroom.  I am in the process of making "cubby holes", walkways to
>different levels, and even a window for them to look out of!  I would
>REALLY appreciate anyone getting back to me ...

OK...........am I being dim here or something?  I thought ferrets were
illegal in CA?  Hasn't someone just had all 13 of his taken away by the
CA F&G ?  Surely nobody in their right mind is going to 1) advertise they
want one or 2) reply to the advert if the ferret's likely to be
confiscated?  Huh?????

and Megan said:

>As I was on my way to work I was wondering if that could have hurt them,
>if they ate any of the soil.  It did not look like they were eating it;
>they were just playing in it and digging in it.

Don't panic Megan............unless you've got something really noxious in
your soil (anthrax, arsenic etc), they'll be fine.  They won't eat it,
they're burrowing.  It's what they do naturally ( all over my garden!) and
would do in the wild if they could adapt.  We've actually built ours a
digging box in the new outside run we've just made, filled it with garden
soil and put a couple of drainpipe tubes in it.........they're in seventh
heaven :-))

K.

LOST DOGS UK (List of Lost & Stolen Dogs)
http://www.pavilion.co.uk/lostdogsuk/
            A Free, Internet & Web Based Service to Dog Owners