Date:
Sat, 22 Sep 2007 08:44:05 EDT
I just got home from Lori's place. With my van full of ferrets. Lori's
ferrets. While trying to organize this immense undertaking, in her
heart she was agonizing over her own personal ferrets not getting much
attention. Her whole gang are now enjoying a vacation at "Ferretworld".
She cried when they left, but thanked me for taking a big load off her
heart. I know she'll miss them and wants them back soon. She is an
amazing person.

I got the tour of the surrendered ferrets. An incredible overwhelming
sight. Since I had a vet appointment already scheduled for Saturday I
asked if there were any she felt needed immediate attention, I could
bring them with me. She and her wonderful helpers immediately suggested
one albino boy, he's here with me now. Overall I think it is amazing
that out of that many ferrets there are few sickly ones. I'm sure more
health issues could show up later, but at least her immediate concerns
are NOT tied up with hand feedings, meds, etc. Simply feeding, watering
and cleaning are the first priority. I had to laugh when I read on the
FML - re-hang and refill. Smart little devils - Yep, I rehung a few
water bottles LOL. She could sure use some extra hands out there. Just
in the time I was there I saw volunteers from Columbus and Cleveland.
Ferret people sure know how to pull together when the need arises.

Pam VanOverloop and the Cincinnati Kids