From:
Kathleen Homan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 06:12:27 -0500
Hi All,

I work for Petco and in my store we are now back to selling Marshall
ferrets again.  We seem to switch from them to Path Valley.  Anyway, when
the kits come from the vendor they do usually come with the paperwork
that contains the card that you mail back for the one year guarantee.  I
know that all the kits that I have gotten from any of our store have come
with those papers..Because I know to ask for it.  It should not be the
responsibility of the consumer to be asking for what should rightfully
come with the animal they are buying.  Unfortunately I have seen two
reasons why people are not recieving these cards.  One, because the staff
just doesn't know that they are supposed to provide it, although they
most definately should!  Most of the time the people selling the kits are
stock people or cashiers because there are not enough actual animal staff
around.  Obvioulsy that should not be, but it's a corporate problem that
they don't want to handle.  Second, people do not get their cards because
sadly there are staff that just do not care if the animals they sell are
guaranteed or not.  I have sold kits personally and went into the office
to get the papers only to be told don't bother, we can't find them"yeah
right" .  That is just laziness on managements part.  Or they get thrown
away..or a few other things happen.  Or I have been told get out I am
busy, "don't tell them about the paperwork, they will never know." That's
nice right?  I swear I am telling the truth and this is why I am so fed
up with Petco.  I have complained to the upper management regarding this
a thousand times, but NOTHING ever changes.  Nothing is even said about
it.  It infuriates me that customers should have to be responsible for
this, that should not be!  This leaves countless ferrets without that
guarantee, and when something happens and the owners call Marshalls,
without that card it's hopeless to get any help.  And that just sucks!

One other thing regarding this.  I have also seen ferrets that were not
Marshalls, either Path Valley or resues that we get in, be given that
paperwork when they are sold or adopted.  They only send in the the #
of cards in to match the # of sent kits.  4 kits, 4 cards.  So if other
ferrets that should not be getting them are, then some ferret who should
get it, won t because there isn't one to give him.  I hope I am making
sense.

I just wanted to make you all aware of some of the things I have seen in
not one store, but a bunch that I have worked in.  The only thing left to
say to everyone is when you get a Marshalls ferret from a store, if they
don t give you the papers, PUSH for them!  They rightfully belong to you
AND your ferret.

By the way, Path Valley Farm also guarantees their ferrets for a year if
you feed their food.  They have their own papers given out upon sale of
the ferret.

Kathy