From:
John & Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 14:20:37 -0500
>From:    Chris Perth <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Tiny ferret, tongue out, and thanks!
>
>I was worried if it was bad that she is so small, even though she is much
>more energetic and playful (+ nuts) than Logan who is a pretty big ferret
>boy (over 41 cm 16 inches and quite bulky).  She is more nocturnal too
>(is that normal for albinos since sun and light is harder on them or am
>I being silly?  She is pretty healthy and eats well so I guess size
>shouldn t matter then.  Just wondering how many tiny ones like here are
>out there.

My Pandora is only 12 inches also, and she weighs just under 1 1/4 lbs.,
and she is 2 1/2 yrs.  old!  Our (ferret-knowledgeable) vet has always
said she is completely healthy.

>The other question is also about Leeloo (since Logan never done that), is
>that normal for Ferrets to have their tongues sticking out like cats?!!!

Sterling sleeps with his tongue sticking out.

While I'm (sort-of) on the subject of Pandora...I had thought that she is
an albino.  She is solid white & pink-nosed, but her eyes are BURGANDY.  I
was under the impression that DEWs have black eyes, so I figured she was
albino, but recently, I heard that an albino has bright ruby-red eyes.
Also, when we got her (6 or 7 mos.  old), she had a few silver guard hairs,
but the first time she shed she lost all of those but a few in her tail.
You have to look close to notice them.  Does any one know what my baby IS?

Shannon, Sterling, Pandora, & Jasmin