From:
Penny LePage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 22:08:49 -0500
I hope everyone had good holidays and ready to start the new year with lots
of education for those that got our fuzzie little friends for Christmas and
know nothing about what the little creatures need in their care.

My first sighting of a ferret was in 1993 in Great Falls, Mt.  We live in
New Hampshire and drove which was a rather long trip.  Our youngest son was
stationed there in the AF and only 17 yrs old and first Christmas away from
home, Mother wasn't about to let him spend it alone!!!  Anyway, we were in
the mall and there were full grown, very large sable ferrets in the window
of the pet store.  They were neat looking but I was to interested in having
one for a pet.  Then we stopped by a pet store in a shopping plaza where
they had just gotten in new babies.  They were so cute and fuzzy.  I was
holding one and she grabbed my finger and wouldn't let go.  After the store
employee helped me get her loose, we decided we should buy one.

There were four to choose from and since they had just gotten them in from
Tx they wanted to keep them to make sure they were alright after their long
trip.  We put a deposit down on a female and picked her up Christmas Eve.
We bought a cat carrier, went to the Salvation Army store for stuffed toys,
a tissue box for a litter pan in the carrier.  She was Mischief and full
of it she was, she road in the sleeve of my jacket most of the trip back
to NH.

We lost Missy in Fl when she was three years old to cancer.  We have
learned so much over the years from the FML and reading.

Now we are owned by 5 females and 5 males all very healthy and sweet.  They
range from about 2years to 7years.

We only have one that we got from a pet store in Fl.  She is a PathValley,
all the rest are ones from shelters or found on the loose.

Thanks for all the great reading material and Thanks Big for taking time to
do all the work involved putting this list together.

Penny and her group