Date:
Mon, 17 Mar 2008 17:59:56 +0000
Oh wow, what a great BUSY weekend we had. Quite a few volunteers up
from Houston. Houston ladies, you rocked! All the ferrets are ugly,
ugly LOL. Thanks to the ladies who busted their rears Saturday. I was
up both Saturday and Sunday about 4-6 hours each day. All the fuzz are
being vetted and very well taken care of. Millie is working her tail
off every waking moment of the day hauling kids to the vet and doing
meds etc.

So it's so wonderful seeing the volunteers there for the time they are
giving Millie a break where she doesn't have to do anything except
catch up on paperwork and update information. I mean she's there all
day running kids to the vet, doing the cleaning she more than deserves
the break time when the volunteers are there and always within ear
shot to answer questions. I am happy to report that by the time I left
yesterday evening all ferrets were comfy cozy with clean cages and
bedding, food, water and were loved on.

I applaud Millie for taking on this rescue and doing everything
correctly. Yes, it's a little caotic washing bedding after bedding and
keeping some papers straight but we managed to get everything together
and even get all distempers done with Connie's help (from Ferret
Waystation in Austin).

Though Im from Fort Worth about 1.20hrs away I intend on making it
back this week and this weekend to put in my fair share of bathing
and playing, cleaning and such.

So please, I beg anyone within driving distance especially that can
help out during the week please stop by and help out. 73 ferrets are
alot. It may pale in comparrision the the DMK kids but it's still a
lot. There are so many beautiful babies (note: no baby babies) that
need homes and also some shelter kids that need homes.

Im sure she could still use some supplies as these kids will not be
released until all have been vetted, spayed and neutered. So please
contact her and Im sure she would very much appreciate any donations.
There are things that cost money... the constant running of the washer
and dryer for one :)

I can't wait to go back!!!
Leanne B in Fort Worth