From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 12:00:54 -0500
Just a quick update and then I'm out the door.  Joe's crew has been hand
delivered except for the Montana two which will be home by the end of the
week.  Thank you Joe so very much for picking up the North bound troop!

John and Roxane picked up the east bound troop and drove straight through to
arrive home at 4:30 a.m.  All the ferrets did well, better than poo Roxane
who rode in the back with the ferrets and got drenched when they ran into a
rain storm.  Oh, Roxane thank you for the beautiful tape - I will treasure
it forever.  :-)

Mike and Todd picked up the east bound troops on Friday and arrived home
around 1:00 a.m.  The further east troops were picked up around noon on
Sunday (at least that was the original plan).  So by now the easterners
should all be tucked nicely in at their homes.

We found a few medical problems, blindness, crippled, several boys had
enlarged oddly formed penises, one huge ovarian cyst in an older female (not
as old as she looks as the vet estimated her at middle age but she looked
like my Prissy at 6 - that's what overbreeding does), one female with a
severe uterine infection (wouldn't have made it through the week if not for
surgery), one male with spots on his testicals, one male a growth on his
sheeth, one male with an undescended testical, earmites, fleas...

I want to thank Joe, John & Roxane, Todd & Mike for the llooonngg distance
driving.  Without you angels we'd have been in a pickle.

The south bounders are still needing transport.  Please email Kaye if you
can help there.  Let's get these babies to their new homes and very anxious
parents.

All and all it has gone smoothly.  A few bites, some painful and deep, but
that is to be expected.  The boys are fear biters - can't blame them they've
obviously been abused/mishandled.

More later I have to run...

Oh and thank you everyone for all your assistance, love, guidance,
donations, etc.  to make this operation a huge loving success.

Hugs and love to all!  tle