From:
Date:
Wed, 7 Aug 1996 11:54:59 -0700
>From:    Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: A (new) use for ferret poop (?)
>Now, I realize this is not enough evidence to go marketing ferret poop as a
>rat and mouse deterant, but I was wondering if anyone else had experienced
>anything similar.

This has been discussed on the FML before.  I've considered trying to ue
the ferrets scare away rats angle to work on legalization in Washington DC.

I'm not surprised at all about the rats hating ferrets.  Both are European
animals.  I am surprised at American (right?) mice being scared away.  They
wouldn't be naturally aware of ferrets.  When we had a crack in our basemant
wall we had mice wander on in to our ferret cages and invite themselves in
for a snack.  Our lazy American ferrets ignored them.  Now that we have some
English "hunters" it might be different.

I think European gardeners that had trouble with rabbits should think about
using the ferret poop approach as a natural rabbit repellant - again don't
know that American rabbits would notice.

>BTW, my SO now insists that something must be done.  Either I get larger
>Have-a-Hearts and get rid of the rats, or he is putting out rat poison.

I can mail you all the ferret poop you need to cover your yard but I don't
think thats what he had in mind.  <grin>

>From:    Carolina Toro <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: My Fang Gang!
Call Big Apple Ferrets 1-800-FER-RET2 I believe.  or write to the Modern
Ferret folks to put you in touch with other local ferret people.  10 days
is a long time for ferrets.  I'm sure you can find a ferret sitter
through these folks.  They can help with the vets as well.

And about Sheena's kit that I already responded on...
   that was Gopher and he took a "B"est in show as a kit.

bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferret
http://www.zenferret.com/
mailto:[log in to unmask]