From:
Shannon Snavely <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 May 2008 07:46:58 -0700
                Andre's Poem

When you arrived I had no idea how soon you'd be gone.
You spent the night here so frail & I read you Rainbow Bridge &
sang you a song.
Your soul shone so brightly, when IƊlooked into your eyes,
so more giving & loving than the life you'd soon leave behind.
Though you were only here seven days,
that night you became mine with your endearing gaze.
The call came & I knew your time on earth was through.
No more suffering or pain shall touch you dear one.
Run on littel Andre go with the sun & know that in seven days
you left prints on my heart that will forever stay.

Shannon Snavely
Ferret Dreamers Rescue Haven

This poem was written for Andre it was my way of dealing with the
events that took place in seven days. Andre came in to our rescue & we
were told he & his cage mate were 9 & 10. Andre being the 10yr. old.
Long story short Andre was to far gone to be helped he spent 2 of his
seven nights with us & the rest at the Vet's. It looked pretty bad at
first then it looked pretty good & our hopes were high for Andre. Then
it went from good to worse & he had to be PTS. Alot of emotions came
when he arrived all of them for concern & love for this poor fuzzie.
I'm still wondering what I could of or should of done. Andre was a
beautiful Dark eyed white ferret with just a hint of tan circling his
eyes just gorgeous. He was burried with our fuzzies that have passed &
he meant just as much to us as they did. These beautiful fuzzies just
have a way of stealing your heart and just completely filling it with
love & compassion like I've never known before them. To those that have
lost their fuzzie friends I hope you find something in the sadness that
will make you smile. Thank you to all of you that take even the sickest
in & love them through it all. To those that picked up the phone during
this time as I felt like a blabbering idiot but didn't know where else
to turn. Mostly thank you to our fuzzies that spend so much time loving
us & giving us the most beautiful memories to laugh & cry at.