From:
"J Gordon Bengtson, CI-ASMEL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2008 10:51:27 -0500
Pester and Peekaboo both have really filled out. I pick them up and
note that when they first came here they were not skin and bones but
they had very little body tone and not one bit of extra weight anywhere
on them. Today I pick them up, they are fully round, firm and very
active. Good exercise and good feed goes a long way.

They eat more than that pet Hippopotamus I had. At least they don't
fill up the litter pan like the Hippo did. They are easier to carry
around than the hippo but are quickly beginning to contest that.

I have seen ferrets that really bond to each other, they become the
very best of friends amenable to the other in every way always. These
two are bonding but Pester is so very active. Peekaboo is older but
also challenged with sight and hearing. She does fine alone and most
likely would be better off as a single fert. Pester bugs the ($&^(
out of Peekaboo but that kind of rolls off her back some. They do not
fight, Peekaboo does dodge Pester allot seeking some peace without
challenge but Pester is fast and defeats the dodge.

They usually sleep in different places but have been slowly curling up
together. Is not a bonding but a matter of convenience I guess. Am glad
to have them both. I learn so much about a ferret from each and every
one that I have had, these two are no exception by any means.

I can't let them loose in the house anymore where they both race for
the furniture to burrow deep inside the upholstery. They are in the
cage allot now that it is cold on the porch. But is how it has to be.
The cage is huge so they still get exercise but not as much. Spring is
coming, I know that for a fact where I did see that on the internet,
and you know the internet never lies!

Gordon, Peekaboo and Pester

Rev. J Gordon Bengtson
Aarrow-Ranch Aviation