From:
Michael Capps <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2008 09:57:24 -0800
This ferret's name is socks. We were getting more concerned as he
seemed to be getting weaker over the last couple days so we moved
his vet appointment up and just returned home.

Here is a recap of his illnesses

    Insulinoma
    Adrenal
    Atrial Bigeminy

Today his heart sounds better, his sugar level is a little higher (48
up from 40), we're going up in his pred to 1.0 cc twice a day (of a
5mg/5cc solution), he is a little dehydrated so they gave him 50 cc
of subq fluids. It seems he caught the flu/cold which has been going
around (dispite us trying to keep him clear of it), so we have an
antibiotic. We are also going to start hand feeding him every couple
hours to help get hsi strength and weight up (he lost 1/4 pounds).

I will let you know how well the antibiotic, fluids, hand feedings,
and increased pred works for him.

Thanks

Mike