Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 10:48:39 EST
Dear FML

1st let me thank all of you who have been so generous and second please
excuse this short post.  I hope that all of you understand that since
12/4/97 the FFDRI has been and continues to work the Spokane Ferret
disaster.  There are many things going on which at this time are critical to
the legal proceedings and cannot be discussed.  I do assure you all that we
are on top of the CASE so to speak.

Also, yes the press doesn't always get things right, many jump in to get the
story out first - which adds to confusion and disinformation for those
reading the stories.

It is suggested that you do check the back FML issues for the Web Page set
up regarding the Spokane Ferrets.

Finally (and I know this may offend some readers).  The FFDRI does not deal
with rumors, we do not have time to respond to people who flame, nor would
we if we did have time.  Our concern are the Children of Fur, Feathers,
Scales, and Shells when disaster ocurrs - that MUST be and ALWAYS will be
our FIRST Concern.

Many, Many FML members and others from the pot bellied pig people, to the
Quarter Horse Association, Greyhounds, Ferret Shelters and many more have
responded to this disaster and we really really really apreciate it.

Although the situation in Spokane is a bit better we are still working on
professional counselors for Jean, and Legal help.

Thank you all, I will try and keep you up to date but hopefully you will all
understand that I've got to keep on the phones (regarding the Spokane
Disaster) most of the time.

Chere McCoy
Director, Ferret Friends Disaster Response International