From:
"Irena Arthur (OPS|schwanke)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Mar 1996 08:53:58 EST
Regarding Jane's post I agree with Margo.  I don't think that Jane should be
chastised for her concern.  I worked in a pet store and had to quit because
I couldn't change things (found that out the hard way) and I couldn't stand
to see the inferior treatment all the animals were getting.  Also, it has
been policy in every pet store I have been associated with since that time
to A) move all animals undergoing medical treatment into the back rooms
(even pups and kittens being wormed) and B) to isolate those animals to
avoid exposing others.  Everyone knows that in retail IMAGE IS EVERYTHING
(or almost every- thing).  I wish I was better with words but basically it
is a turn-off to go into a pet store and see something like that and GOOD
pet stores know that.  They don't want people walking out of their doors
feeling like they just socked in the gut because there is a very good chance
that they won't be coming back!

WELCOME HOME NIP!!!!  I am so sorry to hear about Spike but the news about
Nip has renewed my faith.  I love the FML and the funny, colorful stories
but there is so much pain and sorrow sometimes that I just don't want to
read it (not to mention that it's hard to explain to your boss why you are
sitting at your desk crying instead of working)!  My heart goes out to Nip
because Nip is probably very sad wondering where Spike has gone but I needed
that little bit of good news more than you know!  Love and prayers go out to
you and the other subscribers who are suffering at this time.  Sometimes I
feel guilty that others should suffer so much when I have suffered so little
with my babies but I pray that they remain healthy and happy because I'm not
sure that I could be as strong as some of you who have the courage to try it
again.  I've always said that the hard- ships are worth the love and
happiness that ALL my babies bring into my life but sometimes the sadness
can wear you down to the point that you feel there is nothing left and you
just can't go through it again.  I admire you and hope that I hold true to
form when my time of sorrow is at hand.

Group hugs and kisses from Lucy, Chelsea, Dexter, Emily, Lily, Blueberry,
Willow, Rupert, Honey and Irena