From:
Ryan Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 17 Jul 1994 16:34:58 -0400
Hey all...

My question for you all today is, is there a difference between Linatone for
Dogs and Linatone for Cats?

The reason I ask is I got a bottle of Linatone from the store where I bought
my male ferret, Mickey, having heard that it was a great treat for them.
Mickey loved the stuff and I used it to teach him to stand on my shoulder,
come when called, etc.

However, as I was wandering through the aisles of a pet store I hadn't been
in previously, I saw two kinds of Linatone on the shelf, one for dogs, and
one for cats.  There had been only one kind in the other store, which I
bought.  when I got home, I checked the bottle I had and realized it was for
dogs.

Since the use of cat items for care of ferrets (kitten food and so forth)
seems prevelent, this makes me nervous.  Am I founded in my fears?  I have
stopped using the Linatone For Dogs until I get an answer, replacing it with
good ole ferrotone.

Also as a regional side note, have any Cincinnati ferret owners heard
anything about the Forest Fair Mall Pet Store that closed down? I had heard
they left the animals in a warehouse without care or something... it was
mentioned in a story in the Enquirer about how some pet stores need licenses
because they sell ferrets and other exotic animals, but others didn't.  Any
info? Like, are there ferrets in need of rescueing there?  I know they sold
them...

Wondering if ferrets weren't
created on some triple-dog
dare,