From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 1997 20:54:57 -0500
Finally catching up on the FML after a busy weekend.  I know nothing about
any of the national organizations, AFA, LIFE, STAR, whoever (except that
STAR has our club listed).  Can anyone tell me (private e-mail certainly OK)
what they are and what they do and why I should join them as opposed to
starting another organization.

If a new organization is started, I believe that it should focus on
education and politics, and leave the shows to the existing organizations.

For the ferret people who were feeling isolated because most of their local
fellow ferreteers seemed to be majorly religious - it doesn't take much to
start your own club.  It is a lot of work, as we are discovering, but you
might find some kindred souls out there.  Give it a try!

Sara and Kurt and the 12 ferrets