From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 11:08:24 EDT
OK we have all sorts of vocalizations by ferts:
dooking or chuckling (its like..  soft barking or soft grunts, it means the
ferret is happy)

chattering (super fast soft dooking, means the ferret is busy or curious)

whining (usually done during wrestling)

hissing (the name says it all, but you know what?  it doesn't necessarly
mean the ferret is annoyed or mad at all.)

he-heing (this is when the ferret sounds like it is panting loud or
laughing silently..ferts do this when they are very excited and happy)

Screeching (ugh not a good sound lol... many deaf ferrets do this.  with
deaf ferts it doesn't always mean anything, with normal onces it can mean
they are hurt)

Screaming (hope you never hear it.... in all my life I only heard it
ONCE....it sounded like a shrill child's scream that hurt my ears and
scared the heck out of me..this is a bad sound)

as far as peoples words in the ferret community there are tons..

- business - a group of ferrets
- hob - a whole male
- jill - a whole female
- gib - a spayed male
- sprite - a spayed female
- kit - a baby fert
the list goes on and on

Wolfy
Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on deafness and ferrets:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/deaf.html
take a peek at upcomming "so you have allergies":
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/allergies.html