From:
Leslie Cucino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Aug 2008 19:09:17 -0400
First of all, many, many thanks to all who responded to my question
about Jasmine, her weight loss and excessive thirst. I so appreciate
this list and the wonderful people on it.

Jasmine is slowly coming back to her old hell on wheels self. I had
some fresh Amoxi left over from an adrenal surgery, so I started her
on that until we could get into the vet on Tuesday. Monday night she
decided to start eating a little bit more, and Tuesday morning she was
definitely looking better. Off to the vet we went Tuesday afternoon
where she poked and prodded her, felt her all over, pinched the skin
on her neck and said she didn't see anything obviously amiss so I
requested a CBC and chem panel. Jazzy got a few whiffs of gas....did I
say she was hell on wheels? and out she went. They drew blood, urine
and Sub Q'd her just for giggles and said they'd call me with the
results.

Other than her blood proteins being slightly off, and her potassium a
little low, everything was perfectly normal! Dr. said those slightly
kilter values were normal since she had lost weight and had
intermittent diarrhea. This AM when I got her up with the rest of the
tribe she ate willingly and later had a nice round belly instead of
that hollow look.

Her kidney functions are perfectly fine, best guess was that she was
loosing more fluids than I realized with the diarrhea which caused her
to drink so much. Can ferrets have bananas to bring up their potassium
level?

Anyway, THANK YOU!

Leslie