From:
Andy Coghill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:51:03 -0500
Hi, all.

I wanted to agree with all the posts about allergies.  Just because you are
allergic to cats does not mean that you will be allergic to ferrets...
doesn't mean you won't be either.

I am allergic to cats, but not horribly so.  I didn't know this until after
I moved away to go to school; my family had cats since I was tiny and I
never had a problem.  Built up a tolerance, I guess; same principle behind
allergy shots.

I also am allergic to ferrets, but just can't help myself... :o) But, I
don't have reactions to my ferrets for the same reason that I never had
reactions to my parent's cats when I lived at home.

My suggestion -- for the person who originally posted about this (sorry,
I don't remember the name and don't have time to sift through previous
FMLs) -- go with your father to visit a pet store or shelter and visit
with the ferrets.  I think that would probably be the easiest way to find
out.

-- Andrew Coghill and the Three Histamine-Promoting Weazies