From:
"Max (by way of \"M. Max\" <[log in to unmask]>)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Feb 2000 19:34:07 -0500
My big boy Boris is about nine months old now and scheduled to be neutered
in the immediate future.  That being said, he has managed to go into full
rut much to his confusion.  His sister Natashia, who is the same age and
will be spayed at the same time, thankfully is not showing any signs yet of
coming into heat.

Boris is deaf and I think a bit slow but he is the sweetest ferret alive.
Instead of bothering his sister with his amourous tendencies, he is
courting and going through the motions with all of his stuffed toys.  No
problem, they don't mind and we just ignore him when he gets in the "mood".

Yesterday however I went up to check on him and heard him vocalizing and
chuffing around like a little old man complaining. I started to pick him
up and noticed that a stuffed toy seemed to be coming with him.

That's when I realized that he was stuck to the toy by his penis!!  What
had happened is when he was trying to mate with the toy, his penis had
come out and gone in between the toy and a decrative peice of embroidery
string that was forming the "toe" of the toy rabbit.  When his penis went
back into the sheath, the bony spur on the end of the penis had acted like
a fish hook and trapped the string which got pulled up inside of the
sheath.  So he was literally "stitched" to the toy and had no idea what to
do about it.

I simply held him and the toy close together so that the string wouldn't
pull on those soft parts and had my husband fetch a sissors and cut the
string which promptly freed Boris from his object of affection.  Needless
to say, all loops of string yarn or the like decoration has now been
removed from all stuffed toys.

Both Boris and I will be happy when all of this stuff is over!  He looks so
darn pathetic when nature is in control of his actions.

Max