From:
Manae Palsgrove <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 18:19:59 PST
Hello All

I met someone in my area that told me that adrenal ferrets are caused by
breeding ferrets that are to closely related.  What do you think?

Next I was told by my vet that treatment for adrenal would be a shot every
month until my ferrets symptoms were gone.  The shots would cost me $50.00
a shot.  Could have to get them for only one month but could also take
forever.  Is this true , what have others experienced?  This woman that I
met said that her vet gives it to you in a liquid and you give the ferret a
certain amount and that it's very inexpensive.  I need some advice.  I have
been treating my ferret with melatonin but all it seam to do is make the
poor thing sleep all the time.  Any advice would be appreciated.

Manae and the crew