Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2007 15:23:51 -0600
I sent out my last before christmas giving tree ferret gift yesterday
after work. It won't make it before christmas unfortunately.

I hope all the fuzzies got santas and lots of loving gifts for
christmas. I know many of us had our hearts broken and tears ran freely
this last week with worry that not all the fuzzies would get santas.
How sad for those little innocent fuzzies who did nothing to deserve
this. Life has been so unkind to them already. I think about the
inconveniences in my life, then I think of the familyless fuzzies, it
makes mine seem petty and makes me strive to do more for these precious
little beings.

Any shelters that didn't get santas for their ferrets, please post on
the list so we will know. It was sad to read that Baby Girl didn't
get a santa - a precious blind health compromised old lady that has
a shortened time left here in our realm. sigh. If anyone reads of
shelters still needing santas on today or Monday's FML, if you are
close enough to them, why not drop off a few toys, blankets, or treats
for their santaless fuzzies?

At this time, the tree, for some reason, hasn't been updated for a week
so it looks like we may have to rely on the information being posted on
the fml. Something terrible must have happened for the tree to not be
updated and no one notified or asked to help. We had an ice storm come
through Kansas 1.5 weeks ago and power was out for 95,000 including us.
We were fortunate for the power to be restored after a day but there
are others in our area who still do not have power. I wonder if that
ice storm ravaged Kris's area where ever that is?

When someone picks a ferret, please contact the shelter operator to
make sure the little one hasn't been chosen, and post on the fml so
others will be able to pick ferrets that still need santas.

I'll be off email till next Saturday. If anyone needs to reach me,
feel free to call me at home, 785-456-8337.

Warm holiday wishes from our home to yours.

tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org
www.iGive.com/FFS