Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 00:04:25 +1100
For a while now, I have been contemplating sharing my with a ferret or
two (probably two).  There has been no hurry, since my life is not quite
ferret-ready.

One of the issues I have is to do with 'heat stress'.  I have read that
above 27.C (81.F) is bad for a ferret.  I live in Sydney, Australia.  An
example of a summer's day in Sydney would be today with 33.C (90.F), 80%
humidity.  (This would be outside-tempature, but it would still be hot
inside).  I have read they need water to cool off in, as well as drinking
water.  I live in a small unit.  There is also the thought, that if it is a
hot day then I will most likely be at work and unable to remedy the problem
until I return home.

How suitable is this for a ferret?  If it is unsuitable then maybe having
ferrets is not such a ... hot idea.  Any ferret owners with experience or
knowledge with ferrets in similar climates?

Cheers,

Pablo