From:
Brenda Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 07:47:18 -0700
We take our four camping whenever we go.  We have never had an problems.
They love being out in the woods where they can dig where ever they
want...:).  They slept the same as at home.  The only problem we had was
getting them to eat like they did a home, but I think It was all the
excitement.  They did eat, just on their own time.  We take ours for
walks, and we also would tie their leashes to a tree in the camp site so
they get some free play time, but PLEASE watch them, one time I looked
down and there were 3 ferrets and one empty harness!!!  Luckily Boy didn't
even notice that he had worked his way out of his harness and was about 6
inches from the others.

Another concern is how far into the wilderness are you going?  I know in
Back country areas they don't allow pets.  (at least in Washington State
and Federal Parks).  The can be a temptation for bigger wild animals.  This
thought made me very nervous.  I was concerned that some animal would smell
them in the night and come to investigate.  So, we decided to have them
sleep in the car in their carrier.  Now there is no chance they would get
overheated in the car because we are up before 7 am.  I think that's all
the encouragement I have for you now.... except TAKE THOSE FUZZIES
CAMPING...... they love it and you will enjoy their loving it.

Brenda and the fearsome foursome