From:
DEBORAH ALLEN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 1995 14:42:11 EST
I wanted to thank everyone for the comments and advise to help me break
Kyrie's biting problem.  I've tried the biting back thing and it didn't seem
to work.  The postivie reinforcement seems to be the best method.  I agree,
she is probably to the point where she associates being handled with getting
flicked on the nose.  I will spend the next ten days or so spoiling her
rotten with hand fed raisins, and when she feels she can come up to me and
feel safe, I will begin to pick her up and try to handle her and talk to
her.  I appreciate the advise much!  I'll let everyone know how it goes if I
find success.

Debbie Allen, CMV-MSUI
"Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change"