From:
ferret lover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 20:16:58 -0800
Was in K-Mart this weekend and saw their big gift tree...you know-the one
that has the name of a needy child with a list of the stuff the child wants
for Christmas!  For my own reasons...I never pick a name off the tree!  But
I was thinking...if it was the name of a ferret- I would gladly pick one
and send the little guy something.  This may have been suggested before and
if it has-I apologize!  But if some shelters listed the name and a brief
description about some of the babies in their shelters who probably aren't
going to have a very good Christmas-maybe someone us can do something to
make things a little brighter!  I only have my three ferrets and as much
as I would love to have many, many more...I know with things being as they
are...three is just about all I can handle!  I send stuff out to shelters
all the time(-CJ a box is headed your way)-but that is always so
generic-and please don't misunderstand me here!  Sometimes I don't express
myself real well!  What I mean is that the box of goods goes to the
shelter- in general!  I think it would be kinda neat to send some stuff
specifically to one ferret-to know his-or her name and what she looks
like-how she acts-and maybe even get a picture of her-or him!  I know some
shelters have programs where you can send monthly to help a ferret-but my
income is rather sporadic, but a one-time Christmas gift I could handle...
and it might help the shelters and the ferrets!  Oh well-maybe it is a
stupid idea...

=====
Judy Cooke
Tyson, Hope, and Einstein

"The world is made up for the most part of morons and natural tyrants, sure
of themselves, strong in their own opinions, never doubting anything."
Clarence Darrow