From:
Phyllis Spy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:48:07 -0700
Gimmee Shelter will be hosting a Volunteer Night on Thursday, August 23 @
6:30PM - ????  For all you folks who have adopted from Gimmee Shelter, or
have thought about adopting from Gimmee Shelter, this is an opportunity to
give something back to our shelter mom.  The shelter has been filled to
capacity for most of the summer and Jan has been doing a great job of tryng
to keep up with syringe feedings, cage cleaning, nail trimming and ear
cleaning, not to mention caring for some very sick ferrets at the same
time.  Now it is time for us to chip in and give her a helping hand with
some of these ferret chores.

If you are thinking of adopting, this is a wonderful opportunity to get a
feel for the duties involved in caring for a ferret, while working under
the guidance of our shelter mom and many other experienced ferret owners.

I hope everyone in the South Shore area of Mass. can put this on their
schedule and help out in the shelter.  This is a perfect opportunity to
meet the furkids waiting for new homes.  I have fallen in love with one -
Milo - who has just had bilateral adrenal surgery.  Milo will be going to
his new home after his full recovery and I will miss him very much.  He
is a sweet and brave little man, who has been through alot in the past
few weeks, but is showing himself to be a real fighter.

As an extra treat, supper will be provided to the volunteers, so I hope to
see lots of folks there, who are willing to clip, clean, scrub and cuddle!

If you need directions or want to confirm that you will be attending,
please feel free to contact Jan at [log in to unmask]

Phyllis
Mom to Duchess, Tobey, Tyler, Jenny, Molly B. & Joshua
(the Demon Child)