From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2007 12:59:59 -0500
http://www.dvmnewsmagazine.com/dvm/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=390025

Having heard of way too many companion animals of disable people
who are also impoverished by disease who died of diseases that are
treatable I figured that this may be helpful.

Usually, I don't check DVM Mag more often than every 6 months because
the track record there on articles that could apply to ferrets has not
been great. There are a couple more this time, though, but that is as
far back as I can go because that site is hanging (another reason I
don't use it often because it does that a lot historically):

http://www.dvmnewsmagazine.com/dvm/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=396605
is on a factor (flexion) positively affecting dermal buckeyball shape
med delivery.

http://www.dvmnewsmagazine.com/dvm/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=396589
is on an advance in treating mycobacteria (in this case human TB which
is among the mycobacteria ferrets can get)

I guess it is good that Gordon's note got me not only sharing some
more obscure things I use but also got me checking some of the places I
don't normally think of due to past problems because the first article
here might help some people and possibly it will inspire others to
check and see if similar programs can be started in their own states
or if they already exist but were not publicized well.

Sukie (not a vet)
Current FHL address:
People can join there or can send a blank mail to the automated
joining address:
and then follow the directions.
(The second is recommended for those having problems with Yahoogroups
web settings, and afterward send a blank mail from your subscribed
address to
to get the digest instead of individual mails. )
Recommended ferret health links: