From:
FuzzieDad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 14:46:55 -0500
>..were to advertise on a list that has so many caring compassionate
>subscribers plus over crowded shelters I question ..how could you ask for
>money?

Well I have a little different outlook on advertising.  While I understand
the reasoning, most of the time that people ask for money to weed out scum,
I don't necessarily agree with the money part.  I think if you need to, for
whatever reason, give up your animals the first place to start would be a
list, such as the FML.  Not everyone has access to this though.  So when
I see an ad in the paper here, I usually call them and tell them, that I
don't buy ferrets, but I will take them and give them a good home, or adopt
them out to a good home.  So I tell them that if they can't sell the babies
I will take them.  That is how Missy and Griz came to me.

After thinking about my motives for not buying ferrets, I think it boils
down to I don't believe, after buying any animal, when the time comes that
you need to give them up, that you should be able to profit, or recoup
losses from the sell of the animal.  It just cheapens the whole
relationship.

Those are my opinions.  Ask me legitimate questions I will answer, flame my
words and it goes in the trash.

FuzzieDad & The Blurry Furrys
http://www.geocities.com/fuzziedad
Rascal,Treble,Cocoa,Moose,Screech, Hanna,Casey,Havoc,Rainbow,Dodger,
Squeeky,Midge,Taffy,Blizzard,Missy, & Grizzly.
Never forgetting Loki, Spaz, Sampson, & Charlotte

[A later P.S.]:
It seems in my haste to get the post sent I left out part of what I
think... LOL I know ya all just can't wait for this right??

The reason I don't necessarily agree with asking for money in regular paper
ads is because I feel it is the responsibility of the pet owner to weed out
the scum.  They owe that to their pet.  Yes I say Owe, the pet didn't ask
to get dumped for whatever reason.

There, I'm done, off soap box now...

Ron