Date:
Fri, 19 Nov 1999 05:43:36 -0600
One of my oldest and sweetest ferrets isn't going to be with me much
longer, so I have fallen behind in my reading.  I do like the idea of
"meeting" everyone though!

My name is Susan and I have six ferrets right now, I am hoping my sabina =
stays through Christmas, but the vet isn't hopeful.

I got my first ferret in '89 I had lived in CA and had never seen one till
I moved to Texas, I fell in love.  My first ferret was an only ferret and
perfect (of course) Sabina replaced her when she left us, since then I have
been "given" ferrets from everyone to vets to customers who knew by my
calander that I wouldn't mind!  I don't of course, but it does make you
wonder if you had a Porche calander instead what would happen?  Honestly,
I can't imagine just giving away a ferret, but so many people do!?

We live in Texas, and I succomed to the ferret room idea, for the most part
they free range, I love it when the crawl into bed and want to snuggle in
the morning.  Of course a few areas are off limits, but for the most part
my house is airtight, streamlined, locked down and nick-knack free!  My
mother still is trying to figure out when I became such a neatfreak, HA it
was in self defense!!!

I have been reading the list for about two years, the first thing I looked
up when I got my own pc was the word ferret, and here I am.  I read
everything posted, and it has helped a lot.  from spotting ece, to duck
soup to quarantines for new ferrets, to making me laugh when it seems
hopeless.  Not to mention all of the times I have sat here and cried, to
broken hearted by a post of a passing ferret to say anything of any meaning
over a loss like that.  I read somewhere that lifes greatest joys and
sorrows were silent, these people never met a ferret.

Susan