"caride:First caride:Last" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 23:45:45 -0000
He's that story I promised.

I turn my ferrets loose for Playtime a couple times a day.  Yesterday, when
we gathered them all up to put back in the kennel, we started counting
heads (which is much eaiser to do then identify the face when you have 11
ferrets and several look very much alike) and came up one short, a quick
look over and it was very easy to tell which was missing.  Bear.  I was
frantic, my husbon had just taken out the garbage and though we are very
careful to keep ferrets away from the door when it opens I suspected the
worse, that Bear had gotten out of the house.  Frantic I started tearing
through the house looking in all of the Spots Bear loves the best.  Laundry
Basket?  Nope, Under the couch?  Nope, Under the sink?  Nope, I even looked
in places he's never bothered with.  Dresser drawers?  Nope, The kids room?
Nope the toy box?  Nope..... Finally exasperated and ready to give up I
went into my room to cry.  I thought for sure Bear was gone.  Now I hadn't
yet had the time to make my bed that morning.  I sat down on the bunches
of blankets at the foot of my bed and out from the blankets comes this
horrific Squeek.  Imediatly I tear through the blankets to find a rather
shocked looking Bear staring at me like I'm a crazed Lunatic.  If A ferret
could I'd swaer he was cussing at me for nearly sitting on him and not
thinking to look though my blankets first.  And of course I woke him up
from his nap, which he wasn't happy about either.  Relieved Bear was
returned to his Kennel with a show of kisses.

Trish