From:
"Raisins From Heaven Ferret Rescue & Sanctuary in Hernando, MS" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2011 12:55:32 -0500
Good Morning Everyone...

So many of you have asked about little Mercy and how she is doing.....

First, thank you so much for your words of encouragement and concern
for our littlest angel at Raisins.

Sadly, she has suffered a bit of a setback. But, she is back with
me and eating on her own once again....her setback is my fault,
unfortunately.

After a week of recovery and with Mercy eating on her own and gaining a
bit, I decided to give her to my BFF and best foster mom. For whatever
reason only known to her, Mercy recoiled and stopped eating and refused
to get out of her sleepy sack. Now, my BFF is an angel on earth and did
everything right....but after a few days of this, we decided to bring
Mercy home and I have taken her back to the veterinarian who originally
treated her to ensure that there was nothing medically wrong with her.
So, Mercy is back home with me and every minute I am home, she is with
me. Literally. Mercy loves, loves her Ru'Sack made and given to me by
Larry and Melissa and Mercy is always with me in her Ru'Sack. We love
this thing! Thank you Larry and Melissa for your wonderful gift to my
shelter. I believe Mercy is benefitting from your Ru'Sack.

Anyway, we hope Mercy will continue to grow stronger and recover.

Ole Man River (the little paralyzed ferret found by the MS River back
this last spring) is struggling to make it through the holidays. We may
loose him before Christmas, I fear. He has put up the bravest fight I
have ever seen. He will receive every breath he deserves and that I can
give to him.....his passing will be a soft one, I promise. Even though
we know his passing is inevitable and ever-present, it will break my
heart yet again. So much of me is in this little guy. We have spent
long long hours together.

Hug all of your little ones out there...hold them close as if there
could be no tomorrow.

Maren Qualls
Raisins From Heaven
Hernando, MS