From:
Erin Pollitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Mar 2000 15:36:38 -0500
Personally, I would avoid using anything by Proctor and Gamble even if it
means switching ferret foods.  (I know, I know, this is only an opinion,
but I try to avoid any cosmetic tested on animals.) I have heard from many
websites including the PETA site that Proctor and Gamble is a major tester
on aniamls.  Although most of PETA's views are very one-sided, I thought
people might want to know what information I got about Procter and Gamble.

" Procter and Gamble has blinded and poisoned thousands of animals to test
deodorants, hair care products, laundry detergents, toothpaste, and otehr
products.  To thst products, workers typically drip test substances into
the eyes of restrained rabbits, smear them on guinea pigs' abraded skin,
force chemicals down the throats of mice, and fill rats' cages with sprayed
fumes.  Such poisoning can cause shaking, vomiting, bleeding from the nose
and mouth, and death.  No law requires these tests.  In fact, more than 550
companies, such as Amway, Revlon, Crabtree and Evelyn, and Gilette, make
cosmetics and household, and personal care products without testing them on
animals."

I am quoting this information from a PETA pamphlet.  If you read it, it
mentioons nothing along the lines of ferrets, so I'd like to know what kind
of testing is done on ferrets.  I'll admit that I do believe in testing for
medical reasons, but never for such a petty purpose as toiletries.  Just so
I can have the record straight for myself, anyone who knows of Procter and
Gamble's testing on ferrets, please e-mail me about the topic.  Anyone who
would like to write to Procter and Gamble about its use of test animals in
general, you can e-mail me and I will send you the address.  I am open to
all opinions on this issue, because I want the full picture.  Thank you in
advance.

Erin and the Wired Weasels
Rocki, Snickers, Vir, Zeus, and Saucey
http://www.maxpages.com/ferretz