From:
April Gallaty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 May 1999 22:55:50 -0400
I was in the kitchen a few minutes ago, just before writing this, and a
fuzzy came up to me and put her tiny, hand-like paws on my shin and looked
up at me with the soulfullest eyes and I immediately thought, "Give that
ferret some Ferretone."

Now, just moments before, I told my husband that I would give the babes
their Ferretone hit just before bed.  He looks at me and said, "You JUST
said 30 seconds ago that you weren't going to give them any of that until
just before bed time!  Those are the most spoiled rotten children!"

I was like, "But, that face!  How can I resist that face?!?!"

Damon says, "Yeah, well, they are spoiled in other ways,too, so why should
this be different?"

I countered with, "But, how?!?!  How are they spoiled?  I am a good mommy!
I make them eat their dinner and I watch out how they play and I make them
do their homework.  Why, just yesterday, didn't I scold them for getting
into the Playboy's?  I told them they were to young and I stood solid no
matter how many, 'AH MOM!'s I got."

He then counter's back with, "Yes, true, but everytime I look around, they
are crawling on the desk (a 4 foot climb) and there you stand.  They are in
the bedroom playing on the bed (past the baby gate) and there you stand.
They are on the kitchen counter (a 4 foot climb) and there you stand.  I
think that you are helping them and LETTING them do no-no stuff.  You are
being weak willed and are being run over by carpet sharks."

Well, at this point, I have to confess, "O.k.  It's true!" <<bright light
shines on my face, detective movie style>>  "I can't resist those little
faces.  I see no harm in some supervised counter romping.  I don't let them
fall.  I only do one at a time.  I only let them...."

"Yeah, yeah," he says.  "Tell it to the judge!"

Well, after much deliberation on this subject, I was found guilty of ferret
spoiling.  I think though, if I had a jury of 12 fuzzies, I would have been
acquitted.  Maybe someone will sneak me some treats and ferretone into my
cell.  :-)

Along the same lines, we have determined that the FLO does in fact harbor
telepathy in their members.  They are able to just LOOK at you and you are
automatically thinking things like, "Must get treats for ferret" or "Must
buy more toys for ferrets" I don't know how they do it, but they can.  We
really think they have the ability to make us do their bidding.  8-0 OH
NO!!!

Just now, while typing this, I heard some strange crashing noises, and I
say, "What was that?  Can you go see what's going on?"  My hubby goes to
the door and looks into the living room and he says that when he does,
the cat, Luna and Sola are all looking at him like, "What?  You need
something?"  LOL.  Little sneaky buggers!

Well, that is all for now.  I have to go.  I have this strange urge to go
get the Cheerio box out of the cabinet and just lay it on the floor....

April ("Must resist...must resist...")
Luna  ("You are getting sleepy....very very sleepy")
Sola  ("Bring us the ferretone bottle.  Yesssss, bring it to me....")
Nutt  ("Yeah, and bring the sandwich meat pack, too!")
Bridgette ("Shut up!  I want to sleep for crying out loud")
Damon ("I live in a house of loons!  Ahhhhhhhhh!")

http://www.geocities.com/~april_gallaty