From:
Gay Maulden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jan 1999 03:13:45 EST
Hello all,

Another one of our shelter babys crossed Thursday morning.  She was a sweet
little girl that didn't have a very happy life.  We got her in on the 31st
of Dec.  She did pretty good for the first week or so then she started
sleeping a lot.  She would play a little but mostly by herself.  She liked
to be cuddled for a short time and then down to do her thing.  She
developed a bit of runy poops but nothing to worry about until the day
before she crossed.  Then she pooped big time all blood.  I took a sample
to the vet but before he could check it she did it again only worse.  I
didn't think that she had that much blood in her system.  Needless to say
I rushed her to te vet.  By then he had checked the sample but found
nothing amiss.  Gave her fluids, meds and vitamines.  Had to force feed her
that day and she didn't take much, she was gone in two days.  She wasn't in
any pain and the gals at the vets were paying close attention to her.  She
was not a MF.  If anything like this has happened to anyone else and you
know what caused it, would you please let me know.  It wasn't fun and I
would not like to see it happen again if I can prevent it.

Next, I have a 6 week old little MF boy.  He had a severe cold which we
have been able to clear up but I now find that his right back leg is
crippled.  It is not as big as his other leg and he does not put any weight
on it.  He only weighs 5/8 of a #.  The leg seems to be formed ok, just
smaller and he keeps it curled up, Any ideas how I could help him to learn
to use it.  The store won't be able to sell him so I know that I will be
able to keep him.  I am the contact for MF here in Boise, that means any
ferets that are "rejects" come to me for placement or rehab.

Prayers for comfort to all that have lost one over the Bridge and wellness
for all the sick babys.  Dooks to the rest of you!!!

Gay......Charlie (spokes fert), Felix (beautiful black baby), Chester
(sleepy fert), Prissy (Miss busybody fert), Daisy Mae (adorable baby),
Shelter Kids: Miss White toes, Quazie, Bandit (cement head), Baby Blaze
Ferret Haven Shelter/Rescue of Boise, Inc.