Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 2008 12:30:04 -0800
This is a 4.5 y/o ferret in Michigan currently, and she has been having
odd test results. The ferret was diagnosed at 54 on her glucose test.
Then, the owner gave her Devil's Club, 5 drops 2x daily, .35cc of
Prenisilone 2x daily (I am not sure of the concentration), and Gymnea
powder in her food. The ferret went from the 54 to over 500 on her
glucose test. A retest a week later found it at 212. Is it even
possible for a ferret to get over 500 on a glucose test? Now the vet
said to take her off the prednisilone. But I am worried about the high
numbers, and also the amounts of the natural medicines she is giving
the ferret. Does anyone have any dosages or side effects, or maybe
heard good things, about those two medications (Devil's Club and
Gymnea).

I told her I would ask everyone and see what they knew. I can find a
few pages online about the Devil's Club, but the gymnea seems to be
unrelated as of yet to ferrets, and it's for the pancreas.

Laryssa