From:
"Montgomery, Vicki E" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:09:25 -0600
Ferret Sitting - after hearing the cost of ferret sitting at official pet
boarding facilities, Tricks and Treats Rescue began a side line, a fund
raising effort for the rescue, of pet sitting for ferrets.  OK it started
because we got a lot of calls and don't know how to say no... I don't
charge per ferret, I don't charge extra to give meds, I don't charge
extra for runtime.  I enjoy our visitors.  I do ask the equalivent of an
adoption fee per week and all fees go to my vets.  So in short that paid
donation, uh for the priviledge to play with someone else's ferrets for
a few days or a few weeks (and in 2 cases a few months), is only someone
helping offset a surgery cost..  Which by the way we are going to have
4 right off the bat in January... adrenals with one also being
insulinomic..  OH and Mrs. Eri Garner is looking into getting us paypal -
anyone ever wants to donate... and Mrs Pat East is going to start making
cage packs.. hammocks, shelf sleepers, bowl covers etc... ;-]

Barb - please don't be depressed... YOU do so MUCH for so MANY ... we
can't loose you to depression... smile Barb..  know you are loved for
who you are and what you do VERY MUCH..  even by strangers..  really --
I mean who's stranger than me - and I love you!

Your parents have probably always had fire in their souls (even if it's a
quiet fire) and come from a time when if you can do for yourself - you do
for yourself..  RIGHT?

They are happy living with their independence... who wants to be trapped
or jailed at another's discretion (even well-meaning and in kindness) of
what to do, when and how..  I sure don't... And I'll bet they say, "don't
want to be a bother" or a "burden" -- right... well that's legitimate...

Better to celebrate that they are still able to be independent...
Creature comforts are not what makes life - they only make life more
bearable -- it's that spirit that makes your parents the people who you
love so dearly..  they are happy being at home... so would I... so would
you... and that same spirit makes you the wonderful, compassionate,
rescuer you are.

Randi - Tricks and Treats does not have a lot to share but we will share
what we can, please post or send me your mailing address so I can send
you something for the vet bill.  I do believe that when I send you
something that God will put some back into my pocket.

hey yall, just in here to say happy holidays to all of you and... well,
happy christmahaunikwanza!!!

Now if we can master that last word-- I wonder if they'd let prayer back
in schools?