From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2011 11:46:06 -0800
Greetings FML Folks:

I am late in posting this, but better late than never. Yesterday,
miwok34 posted of the animal cruelty case in CT. A few months ago Ann
Gruden of FACT (Ferret Association of Connecticut) shared the sadness
of that situation, but also she shared the positive outcomes as well.
Part of the positive outcomes for the involved and surviving ferrets
were positive because of the work FACT did and has done over the past
two decades.

This weekend marks the twentieth year - that's 20 years of educating
people, animal control, rescue organizations, the general public,
ferret owners and vets -- about ferrets. It is twenty years of raising
funds to support the ferrets they have taken in, found homes: both
forever homes and foster homes, given medical care, and a place to
live as comfortable a life as their conditions allow.

All I am asking is for the members of our community to pick up a pen,
write a note of appreciation, congratulations or a simple how do you do
to these women and their team of volunteers and vets that have made a
deep and impacting commitment to the ferrets and our ferret community.
If you are flush this month toss in some green. If all you can afford
is a piece of paper, some ink and kinds words, those may be the most
influential gift you can send. The human Spirit can always use a
positive word, a pat on the back, a big smile or the old "thumbs up."

Their address is:
Ann and Vanessa Gruden
Ferret Association of Connecticut
14-16 Sherbrooke Avenue
Hartford, Ct. 06106

You may also make a donation on their website through Pay Pal if that
is more convenient for you.
http://www.ferret-fact.org/

Congratulations and Thanks to Ann, Vanessa, thier FACT vets and
volunteers for 20 years of caring for and fighting for Ferrets and
their families.

Cathy Ryan
Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3