From:
dooknook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2009 00:43:33 -0500
It's a very sad case when someone puts down a company that has been so
compassionate with the plight of shelters and ferrets in need. I've
personally benefited with donations Performance Foods during times of
large rescues and even a few months ago when I mentioned how one of my
old/ill guys only liked and begged for Dookers Delights. To my surprise
and his delight, a box was shipped to this 7 year old sweetie who was
named McFluffy because of his gorgeous, fluffy, silky coat. I know for
a fact many others have been recipients from Performance Foods. If you
read posts from shelters that have taken in large rescues, having a
rough time or suffered a disaster, you'll see thanks for the donations
of Totally Ferret. Many times over!

I won't get into a debate of raw vs. kibble, it's been rehashed so
many times over the years that I don't waste my time reading them any
longer. We all have our own opinions but to say one way is the only way
to feed for a ferret to be healthy is not fair to ferret owners or the
ferrets themselves. I've had ferrets live to a nice old age on kibble,
the oldest being 10.5 with never any health problems. They had
wonderful weight and the most luxurious coats. I've seen numerous
ferrets come in and in a very short time, fed kibble that was at least
75% Totally Ferret, became very healthy with soft, fluffy coats.

Thank you, Performance Foods, for the donations, compassion and caring
for our ferrets over the years.

Blessings to you and hugs,
Jackie
The Dook Nook