From:
Jessica McAleer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:46:29 -0400
Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share a nice story about my ferrets to brighten everyone's
day.  Since January 2000 I had two ferrets, Baby and Ricky.  They have
been my children...collectivley known in my family as "the babies"...my
mom even calls them her "grandweasels" ..lol.  In October 2004, I had a
dream that I had purchased a new ferret and his name was Oscar.  About a
week later, my boyfriend and I visited our local pet store (as we often
do) Jay, my boyfriend, said "Let's go see the baby ferrets." I was
reluctant because I know if the sales people let me hold them.....I want
to leave with them.  Well wouldn't ya know that the Sales woman was
showing ferrets to another customer.  Jay is over there baby talking the
ferrets and she hands me the cutest little champange boy.  "He name is
Oscar" she said smiling.  My jaw dropped !  No one was gonna believe this
....She explained how it was her ferret and her kids don't help her with
him any more...yada yada... Oscar just kept licking my face and I was
practically in tears.  I didn't even have the money on me.  I went back
the next day and bought him.  I was conc erned because the other ferrets
were brutal at first.  After a while I noticed that Ricky wasn't dragging
Oscar to be mean...He was showing him hidey-holes and other such ferret
wonders.  Ricky was training him!  4 months later in January 2005, Ricky
was diagnosed and quickly passed from lymphoma/insulinoma and I new that
Oscar was thrust into our lives to help Baby and us cope with lossing
Ricky.

Oscar is the most laid back, content ferret I have ever met.  (I later
found out the lady was feeding him cheap cat food and never let him out
of his tiny cage......I had to teach him what treats were!!) Now he
lounges in his hammock and squints his eyes happily during morning back
scratches. : ) These little joys truly are heaven sent.