Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 17:00:48 -0400
I am the owner of sweet 7 yr. old ferret named Lucy.  I got her about 3
yrs. ago and I do not think that she has ever been with other ferrets.
She has a 4 story condo and the free run of the house when my husband and
I are home.  She is bright eyed and healthy with vet check-ups every 6
months, but is no longer getting her shots because of bad reactions and
her age.  We do not have any other pets and she is kept indoors.  We are
thinking of buying a 5 month old girl that we found at Pet Lovers.  She
is a MF with a real nice laid back temperment.  She loves to be held and
cuddled like Lucy.  We can take her home for trial for 5 days.  My
questions...........Will an older girl accept a new ferret?  I only have
one cage, so I really can't isolate them.  Is there any chance of Lucy
getting ECE?  Are MF ferrets carriers?  Will this work at all?  I have
about 3 days to decide.  My main concern is for Lucy.  However, I hate to
have her go thru her life without the company of another of her kind.
She acts more like a person than a ferret.  Any help would be appreciatd.

Rasins and hugs to ferrets everywhere.
Thanks Alice.