From:
Melissa Little <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 May 2001 00:09:55 -0400
Hi everyone.  I hope that there are many happy ferrets running in homes
across the world right now.

It seems like no matter what I do heartbreak with ferrets follows me.  I
went into a pet store many months ago and came across a ferret that was
very thin, old, infested with fleas and many other things I could mention.
I took him home, bathed him, fed him and cared for him.  He did not get
along with my female, so I tried to find him a home.  I did.  Only he
ended up in New York City.

This weekend we found out that he has since been placed in a zoo with other
ferrets.  I don't like this idea at all, but if he is safe there he is
better off than being dead.

If anyone knows what zoo is doing this please let me know.  I am sure that
they would never give him to me, but I need to know if it is true.  This
same person that made a promise to return him to me if there were any
problems is looking to adopt another and I am afraid that he will send this
one to NYC with his son also.  He wants info on the shelter that I adopt
from.  I refuse to do it.  I will not do anything to allow another sweet
baby to be put in a zoo because they don't care.

Melissa and Gang