From:
Chris and Tara Palaski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 14:34:36 EDT
Hello FMLers

We have seen a lot of posting about ADV and our ADV policy in particular on
this list the past few days.  We had attempted to reply to Bill K's post
about our show but it was moderated and did not go through.  We will try to
answer as many of the questions that have been raised as possible in this
single post but would ask that further questions please be directed to us
privately as we are very busy with last minute preparations.  Bill K is
turning this into a private problem with us and we are not interested in
cluttering up our time with his accusations.  We are MORE than happy to
answer any questions that anyone might have regarding ADV and our show
policy just please post them to our private e-mail address.  Thanks! :)

We would very much like to let everyone know that the show is going great
and we expect a nice turn out for a day of education and fun.  We are very
excited that Dr. Stephon is flying in to speak on ADV and Dr. Wagner will
speak on adrenal disease at the show.  We realize that we are doing
something new here and that it may not be popular with everyone but this
policy is the right and responsible thing to do.  We will of course refund
anyone's entry fees that would come up with a positive test result.  We are
offering and encouraging testing the entire day for walk-ins, shelters and
breeders.  We have had a very positive response to this.  Our goal is two
fold....to have the safest show possible and to educate the public about
their wonderful furry family members.

We are not trying to kill shows, we are trying to keep shows from killing
our ferrets.  We are a shelter who is trying to hold a show to raise funds
for our shelter kids.  The last thing we (or any other shelter) would want
to do is cut off a means of fund raising.  But NO fundraiser is worth
ignoring safety precautions when we have the means to be safer.

We want to thank all of you who have shown support for the show, the ADV
policy ,and for us:)  We are just two shelter directors trying to make a
difference by taking the road less traveled.  We are not political people,
nor was this meant to be a political statement.  If there are people out
there who have a personal issue with us throwing this show it has not been
brought to our attention (other than by BK) and we are not in the business
of making enemies.  When those who attack an idea begin to loose the
battle they tend to attack instead the bearer of that idea.  (Look to any
political race to see the truth in this statement.) We run our shelter the
best that we can and hold ourselves to a very high standard of care.  Part
of this care is being responsible not only for the shelter ferrets but
providing a safe environment for ferrets coming to our show.  If we missed
any questions please send them on to us privately.

Chris and Tara Palaski
Planned Ferrethood
PFRA of Westmoreland County
P.O. Box 724