From:
Pie O' Pah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Nov 2009 20:12:36 -0500
Dear Sandi,

It was a very beautiful day today here in Heaven, and even more so as I
opened my door to find my brother Tisha standing there with a huge grin
on his face, and a scroll. Normally it's Hobbes who brings me these
scrolls, but when ever Tisha comes, I know there is a DEW coming home
to us. In life Tisha was one of mum's favorites, he came into our lives
as a rescue, one she chose because of his handsome face and his gentle
ways. So naturally, when ever a DEW comes to the Bridge, he asks if he
can be a part of the greeting.

I know you mentioned that Ms Nancy has a few love ones here, but I also
know that you do as well, so Tisha and I went out and gathered them
together to help greet her, because as we fuzzit's like to say, the
more, the merrier, AND the bigger the sleeping pile!

We get all four seasons here and right now we are having the most
beautiful autumn. The colors of the leaves are so bold and beautiful
and the piles they leave upon the ground are a great invitation to be
jumped on and hidden in and that is exactly where we found Bucky,
Athena, Mojo and even Duke - cause dogs like a good large leaf pile as
well. To find Ophelia, (who Tisha has a crush on ) Lil Bit and Dino, we
went to Kit Korner, because Ophelia was reading "Air Ferrets Above" to
all of the kits. We even sat down and listen to a bit of it, because
it's one of my favorite favorite stories!

We gathered paw and paw and that even includes all of the kits too,
because they all wanted to see Ms Nancy come across the Bridge as well.
Kits can be so funny, and like to be in the middle of everything, but
they are also very busy little things and we had a hard time keeping
up with them!

When we got there the Bridge was all decorated in every hue of autumn
you can imagine. There were fiery reds and oranges and deep golds and
crisp browns, but when you looked closer, you realized they were not
leaves but butterflies. As the Bridge began to glow these brightly
colored creatures lifted into the air and began a most beautiful air
dance as a Greeting for Ms Nancy. It was amazing to watch and as they
danced in the sky above and around the Bridge. Then the Bridge began to
mist and the mist drifted down from the Bridges steps to the ground and
then surrounded all of us, and then, from this beautiful, soft mist,
came Ms Nancy.

She was so tiny and delicate and she had the sweetest mile I had ever
seen, and of course, those magical rainbow wings you imagined her to
have.

As she made her way into the middle of our group, all of the kits ran
up to her and gave her kisses and cuddles and told her how happy they
were to see her, to have a new friend, and maybe she could read to
them. As for the rest of us, we waited until they had gotten their fill
of or newest addition to the Bridge and then we greeted her as well.

She told me to tell you that she adored the time you had together and
even though she never was able to get better, she knew she was being
loved and that is what this life is all about. She also sends her love
to you, as do the rest of your very lively gang. They also want you to
know that they go to the Viewing Pool all of the time and look in on
you and ll of the other fuzzit's you are watching over. They know you
do such a good job being a shelter mom and are VERY proud of you as
well.

So Ms Nancy is here, and she is among some of the very best company in
all of Heaven!

In Love & In Comfort,

Pie O' Pah