From:
Laura Hamlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 13:59:28 -0800
>From:    Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
>
>I recently heard that it is not a good idea to add aprivately-bred kits
>to an existing business of Marshall and Carolina ferts -- that the
>private ferts wd not like the others and, I guess, wd cause trouble.

I haven't heard that, but I've gone the other way.  We have two females
from breeders and last fall added two males from our local ferret
shelter.  It was, without a doubt, the easiest ferret integration I've
ever experienced.  Aside from the tiniest bit of initial scruff-nipping,
they've gotten along fabulously.  The four are fast friends: they play
together, sleep together, and have a blast.

I had no such magic when introducing shelter ferrets to shelter ferrets
in the past.  I think it's more the personality of the ferrets than where
they're from.

Best of luck!
Laura