Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:18:55 -0700
Dear Sara, Sandi and others,

On May 28th I left on my vacation with all my 8 furkids.  After settling
in at the condo I noticed Monty not laying quite right in his hammy.
After emergency phone calls, emergency vets and being sent home he died
in bed with me 7 hours later.  I will post more on the events later.

Monty was my big fat flumpy lumpy ferret.  He was a beautiful dark silver
bib with white front legs and white hind feet.  If you looked closely
in his bib he had little dark spots like a Dalmatian dog, and chevron
stripes on one front leg.He was my largest ferret.  I got him last
October (2003).  He just turned 3 in May.  I don't know why he had to
leave so soon.  He had lost weight after switching to Natural Gold, no
longer my flumpy lumpy fat ferret though the nickname stayed.  In mid
April, he had started playing and weasel war danced for the first time
since moving to my house, his energy level was incredible after losing a
full pound.  He could finally fit in the tubes to run in.  I used to pick
him up and turn him on his back and kiss him telling him " I love that
big fat gray nose" then he would throw his head back over my arm like
"mom, don't do that".  I would hold his pink paw, rub it gently and kiss
it.  Then kiss his hind feet and tell him I loved the whole ferret not
just his big fat gray nose.  He tolerated the love but I don't think he
really appreciated it. *LOL*

I miss him in bunches.  Sandy & Sara please help him find my others that
went before him but didn't know him.  Tell Hermes, Hermes (yes 2 Hermes)
Coco Chanel and Muffin aka White Rat to look out for Monty.  He will be
the first boy to cross the bridge from our home.  Tell Monty I am sorry
and that I will find out what caused his spleen to get so big.  Please
let him know I did everything that I knew how to do and I hope I didn't
make any mistakes and if I did ask him to forgive me.  I figure it was
just Allah calling him home because he is needed more somewhere else.
Maybe he is suppose to help out with those almost newborn kits to have a
daddy ferret around.  Let him know I wish I could of taken care of him
longer and that I loved him very much.  He was such a sweet boy.  Never
used the potty box but such a sweet boy.  He was always so helpful
teaching the others how not to use the potty box also.  I still loved
him though and miss him terribly.  Now the "eight is enough" gang will
have to become the "magnificent seven".  The only good thing is, if
there is any good, he died as a legal ferret as he passed away in Nevada.
He lived most of his life as an illegal in Ca Ca land until recently.
Please offer him some big strong wings and a pretty gold halo.  Let him
fly free away from the misery and pain.  He might be confused but I
don't think so as I am sure he made the decision to leave.

Thank You so much,
Mary Jo (crying like a little girl)