From:
Eddie Brittenham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Dec 2005 05:17:52 EST
>Professional pet sitters are becoming more and more popular, and are a
>
>There are two national pet sitting associations, and you can go to either
>of their web sites and enter your zip code to find member pet sitters in
>your area.  These web sites also offer tips on how to choose the right
>pet sitter.  These organizations are:
>
>Pet Sitters International
>http://www.petsit.com/

Not to be to protective -- but petsitters (not required to be licenced) --
go from home ot home -- wearing the same clothes and shoes and etc etc
(could transfer disease) -- I have always used a vet tech (sometimes
the best petsitters actually are the workers at your vet) for my pet
sitter -- I pay them more -- but as oposed to a petsitter -- she knows
exactly what to do -- goes above and beoynd and in emergency crisis --
took my little gal the hospital (which she had a repor) got her treated
while chasing me down in Hawaii and Vegas for a c/c to bill and 100%
trustworthy - since I know where she works --

just my experience in case anyone is thinking about a place to find an
awesome pet sitter.....

another cool option -- short term as its expensive -- is to take them to
the vet where they are known for kennel services --