From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 08:34:01 -0400
Just read Jean's post.  Dang!  I hate reading things like that.  There are
very few people who spread rumors around but the few who do seem to really
like making up ugly stuff.  Funny how one NEVER hears of someone spreading
good rumors such as "Did you hear that Bill Gruber won the Nobel Peace
prize for keeping ugliness off an Internet List?", or "Did you hear that
Ferret Central got the first Website Pulitzer?".  If you happen to hear
something nasty don't repeat it and let the person passing things around
know that you are wise to his or her mean streak and lying.  Fortunately,
these jerks are rare enough so just think of mail from them being like
garbage and remember that most folks here are ones we are all lucky to
know.  Hey, did you hear about how ferrets are becoming the spokes animal
for NASA because of their exploratory nature?  (Okay, I made that up --
but just imagine a ferret in a space suit cartoon on NASA materials.)